Podcast Sound Design Service
1. WHAT IS PODCAST SOUND DESIGN?
I refer to sound design like looking at an incredible photo that has been Photoshopped by a professional--except your ears are listening to an incredible piece of sound.
Sound design is an overlooked piece of the podcasting puzzle when it comes to introductions, segment drops, outros and more. During my 18+ years of radio, I have heard incredible pieces of sound on the radio, in movies, music, video games, live DJ events and more. Now, I am seeing podcasts getting into the game and create their own sound for their program, but most are below average.
When it comes to you and your podcast, your unique sound is called your SOUND BRAND and is equally important as your visual brand.
After all, you can't have a well-designed website, stellar-looking business cards, and striking promotional material if you aren't making the other pieces of your media shine. Stunning sound in your podcasts and videos ties the pieces of your brand together and makes you memorable.
2. "WHAT IS YOUR STYLE, SHANNON?"
I create all styles of intros, outros, drops, etc.
However, I am highly proficient in creating intros that have more of an edge/aggro. To hear a sample of my work, scroll up on this page and click on the player to hear a demo of the recent pieces of audio that I have created.
3. "CAN I MAKE INTROS AND OUTROS MYSELF?"
If you're a podcaster, using audio editing software to edit your podcasts--yes, you can most certainly do this. But allow me to warn you that QUALITY SOUND DESIGN IS A MASSIVE TIME COMMITMENT--especially if you're piecing :30 second piece of audio that includes key elements to keep your listener engaged before fast forwarding or tuning out.
If you aren't aware of these key elements, your intro will sound mediocre at best--and no one wants mediocre.
Also, if you don't know how to use audio editing software, you will find yourself searching inside of YouTube for more hours than you want just trying to figure out how to utilize one simple sound effect.
4. "CAN I USE MY OWN VOICEOVER PERSON?"
Yes you can, but I recommend that you utilize a professional voiceover actor as there will need to be a number of different types of reads that I will need for the creative process. Not everyone can match the style and sound I am looking for when it comes to creating a specific sound for an intro or outro.
5. "HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HAVE YOU MAKE ME AN INTRO?"
**Prices and plans are subject to change.
Basic Design Plan = $200
- One (1) Intro
- :15 second (excludes royalty free music)**
- Sound supervision (previewing, fixes, mix supervision, client correspondence)
- Re-recording mix and re-mixing
- Professional voiceover layering over music bed.
- Sound Normalization & Modulation Processing.
- Fancy language for making sure your audio sounds uniform from beginning to end.
- 1 free re-edit for minor creative changes
- 48 hour turnaround
- Additional re-edits = $25
**Client may provide royalty free music bed or request music bed license purchase.
Standard Design Plan = $500
- Everything in Basic Design
- One (1) Intro and Outro
- :15 to :30 seconds
- Sweep Sound Effects (SFX)
- Sound Normalization & Modulation
- Creative Stereo Imagery
- Panning and and Time Pitching (fancy language stereoscopic sound design)
- Noise Reduction
- Multitrack Layering
- Includes Royalty Free Music
- Selected Male Voice Talent
- 2 free re-edits for minor creative changes
- Deliverable between 3-7 days
- Additional re-edits = $10
- Additional Segment or Audio Drop Sound Design = $125 per segment/drop
- Additional Voice Talent = $200
Professional Plan = $1000
- Everything in Standard Design Plan
- Three (4) :05, :10 or :15 sceond Audio Drop/Segment Sound Design
- Additional voice talent
- Five (5) free re-edits for minor creative changes
- Additional re-edits: = $10
- Deliverable 7-10 days
- 1 hour of podcast consulting for free
To inquire about service, email INFO @ THESHANMAN DOT COM.